This easy vegan grilled cheese sandwich is filling and delicious. It is a perfect lunch or dinner item for the entire family!
- Bread: we prefer sourdough
- Vegan cheese: we prefer Follow Your Heart mozzarella shreds
- Vegan butter
- Black pepper to taste, as desired
- Chop or slice the tomatoes
- Slice the avocado
- Lightly butter one side of two slices of bread
- On the non-buttered size, place layer of vegan cheese. Close sandwich with two pieces of bread with the buttered sides facing outward
- In a medium sized skillet, warm the sandwich
- Flip once lightly browned, and repeat on other side.
- Remove from heat once cheese is melted.
- Open the sandwich and add in the tomatoes and avocado. Season with pepper.
- Close and enjoy!
- Serve with vegetables, salad or soup